Budapest can be reach by airplane from direct flights from most European cities. Please scroll down for more information on how to get to the venue from the Airport.
From several European main cities Budapest may also be reached easily by train, bus or even car.
Please find travel options, approximate travel time, assisting links and approximate prices from cities such as Vienna, Bratislava, Ljubljana, Oradea, Belgrade, Zagreb, München, Frankfurt here below. Prices are indications only, please refer to the appropriate selling points; also, links are only for assistance, other options should be look at by the participants of the conference.
- Train: Arrival: Kelenföld Budapest. Duration: 2:30 hours. Depart: Vienna Central https://www.wienerlinien.at/
- Bus: 2:50 hours, from approx. €11, https://global.flixbus.com/
- Car: 2:30 hours (243 km), Highway A4 and M1
- Airplane: 45 min, connecting flights from other European cities. E.g., https://www.austrian.com
- Train: 2:40 hours. Depart: Železničná stanica Bratislava-Petržalka, https://dpb.sk/
- Bus: 2:35 hours, from approx. €8, https://global.flixbus.com/
- Car: 2 hours (200 km), M1 highway)
- Train: 8 hours, departing from Ljubljana Train Station, https://potniski.sz.si/
- Bus: 6:30 hours, from approx. €14, https://global.flixbus.com/
- Car: 462 km (4:20 hours) A1/E57 and M7 highways
- Train: 5:40 hours. Depart: Piața București, https://www.cfrcalatori.ro/
- Bus: 5:10 hours, from approx. €18, https://global.flixbus.com/
- Car: 3:30 hours (312 km), M3 highway
- Bus: 6 hours, from approx. €16, https://global.flixbus.com/
- Car: 3:45 hours (380 km), A1 and M5 highways
- Bus: 4:30 hours, from approx. €17, https://global.flixbus.com/
- Car: 3:30 hours (350km), E65/E71 and M7 highways
- Train: 6:45 hours. Depart: Hauptbahnhof, https://www.oebb.at/
- Bus: 8:40 hours, from approx. €29, https://global.flixbus.com/
- Car: 7 hours (651 km), A94, A8 and M1 highways
- Airplane: 1:15 hours, connecting flights from other European cities. E.g.: https://www.lufthansa.com
- Train: 9: 40 hours, https://www.bahn.de/
- Car: 9 hours (964km), A3, A8, A1, A4 and M1 highways
- Airplane: 1:45 hours, connecting flights from other European cities. E.g.: https://www.lufthansa.com
- Address of the University: Alkotás u. 42-48, Budapest, 1123
- Liszt Ferenc Airport official website: https://www.bud.hu/en
- From the airport, you can choose the direct bus line 100E towards the city centre (Deák Ferenc tér). Here below you may find 2 suggested routes.
- Stop at Deák Ferenc tér (100E bus), Szél Kálmán tér (M2 metro), Csörsz utca (Tram 17/61)
- Please take the bus line 100E from the airport and stop at it’s final destination of bus line 100E, which is the Deák Frenec tér. This is a square, where you can take the metro line 2 (red line) towards Déli pályaudvar, train station. Please get off at stop: Szél Kálmán tér, and take the tram line 17 towards Savoya Park or tram line 61 towards Móricz Zsigmond körtér. Please get off the tram at stop Csörsz utca.
- Stop at Kálvin tér (100E bus), Móricz Zsigmond körtér (M4 metro), Csörsz utca (Tram 17/61)
- Please take bus line 100E at the airport and get off at Kálvin tér. Here you can go underground and take metro line 4 (green) going toward Kelenföld. You can get off the metro at the Móricz Zsigmond körtér, and take the tram 17 (towards Bécsi út/ Vörösváry út) or tram line 61 (to Hüvösvölgy) and get off the tram at the stop Csörsz utca.
Cost and tickets
- Tickets can be purchased from the purple ticket machine that says „BKK tickets and passes” you can purchase single tickets, these cost 350 FT, this is less then a Euro. And you can also choose the 24 hour ticket for the cost 2.500 FT, this is about 6,2 euro. The airport line 200E and 100E have a special ticket costing 1.500 Ft, that’s 3,7 euro. Card and cash payments are both accepted by the ticket machine and can also be done online
- For more info and for online ticket purchase: https://bkk.hu/jegyek-es-berletek/arak/
- Taxi can be reached directly at the airport. Please be aware of non-professionals trying to grab your attention. It is advised to avoid accepting their offers, as the official taxi line has a small building as you walk outside the airport. It is the colour yellow and you have to get in line to arrange the ride. You have to tell the address of your destination, and then they help you by showing which car is going to be the one taking you. Sometimes, when the taxi line is busy, you might have to wait, but it should not take too long for the car to arrive. Prices are approximately 26 to 34 euro, this can be paid by cash or card.
- Phone: (+36) 1/222-2222
- Mobile: (+36) 20/222-2222, (+36) 30/222-2222, (+36) 70/222-2222
- Website: www.fotaxi.hu
- Bureaus can be found on both Terminal 2A and 2B at the arrivals level. They transfer 0-24 however, reservations have to be made at least 12 hours in advance.
- Phone: (+36) 1/296-8555 (0-24 available)
- Website: www.airportshuttle.hu
- Bureaus can be also be found on Terminal 2A and 2B at the arrivals level. The airport shuttle service should be ordered at least 5 hours prior to the departure of your flight ont he website or by telephone.
- miniBUD call center: +36 1 550 0000
- Website: https://www.minibud.hu/booking